Personal Care Services
MedStar VNA Care Partners, a member of MedStar Visiting Nurse Association, provides personal care services to people in their homes. We work with each individual to understand his or her unique needs and to develop a personalized program to meet those needs. MedStar VNA Care Partners provides qualified professionals and paraprofessionals that work together as a team to bring you the highest quality personal care services available. Care and support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on a private-pay basis.
Services and programs include:
- Nursing Assistants: Certified nursing and/or geriatric nursing assistants offer personal care services in the home.
- Alzheimer’s Specialty Team: This specially trained team understands the unique care and support needed by people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Companion Services: This includes assistance with daily living necessities such as food shopping, meal preparation, housekeeping, laundry or running errands.
- Healthy-at-Home Assessment: Recovering from an illness or a hospital stay may take time. To make sure you are safe, we can send a skilled nurse to assess your needs, review and organize medicines, teach diet guidelines, and identify personal safety risks.
- Safe Ride Home: After a hospital stay, outpatient surgery or a procedure, you may need a safe ride home. This program includes transportation and up to four hours of personal care services to get you settled in at home.
- Skilled Nursing Services: Skilled nurses are available to help you organize your medicines, dress wounds, care for IVs, and offer other services that require a nurse’s expertise.
- Medication Management: We offer assistance to help ensure that you take the right medicine and the right dose at the right time.
- Lab Draw Services: Leaving home to have your blood drawn is not always easy. We offer skilled nurses who can draw your blood in the comfort of your home.
- Emergency Response System: Feel safe at home. By pressing a button, you can alert emergency services that you need help.
Careful Employee Screening
Your personal safety is important to us. We ensure that only trustworthy, competent caregivers visit our client’s homes. Prior to employment, all staff members undergo a comprehensive criminal background check as well as drug and alcohol testing.
Personal care services are available through private pay. Traditional insurance and Medicare do not cover personal care services. If you carry long-term care insurance, services may be covered. Please check with your provider.
For more information or to initiate services for yourself or a loved one, call MedStar VNA Care Partners at 301-570-7450 or toll free, at 855-570-5450
License # R1084: MedStar VNA Care Partners is licensed as a residential service agency by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Office of Health Care Quality.