MedStar Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) brings the services, technologies and therapies of a medical center into the comfort and privacy of patients’ homes. We provide physician-prescribed home health care services for homebound patients and those who are disabled or living with a chronic condition.
The MedStar VNA homecare team is made up of nurses, therapists, social workers and home health aides who travel more than two million miles a year to make a positive difference in people's lives. In addition to home clinical care, disease management, and in-home IV therapy, we also serve our community through vaccination and wellness programs.
We care for the whole person by:
- Working with physicians to provide appropriate, patient-focused, in-home healthcare services
- Developing an individual plan of care to meet each person's unique needs
- Providing in-home patient monitoring and screening services that offer immediate results. This ensures that the most appropriate care is being provided
- Educating patients on how to manage symptoms and take control of chronic health conditions
- Supporting patients to achieve a level of independence
- Preparing patients for life after discharge from homecare by providing additional healthcare resources and information
Facts and Figures