MedStar VNA Care Partners understands that when a loved one suffers memory loss, it affects the whole family. That is why we employ skilled nurses and nursing assistants who are specially certified in Alzheimer’s and dementia care. Our caregivers understand the unique care and support required by those who suffer from mild or severe memory loss. We provide assistance in time increments as small as two hours or as much as 24-hours a day.
The Alzheimer’s Specialty Team has the ability to:
- Understand each individual's world.
- Apply a strategy to understand the world as they see it.
- Assess where the person is in his/her progression in dementia.
- Respect their reality, which includes adapting to the reality where they live.
- Be creative, fun-loving, silly, and even child-like during interactions with the person who suffers from severe memory loss or cognition issues.
Careful Employee Screening
Your personal safety is important to us. All of our caregivers are employed by MedStar Visiting Nurse Association (VNA). We do not use contract or registry staff to perform these services. Prior to employment, all applicants must undergo a comprehensive background check, driving record evaluation, as well as drug testing.
To find out more about our home healthcare services, call: 800-862-2166.