MedStar Health's Total Rewards program is more than just benefits for our associates. It's a total package that supports each person's personal and professional needs. MedStar Total Rewards is our way of recognizing each associate's contribution to our organization's success. Learn more about homecare careers with MedStar VNA.
The MedStar Total Rewards package includes:
- Health Insurance Benefits: Associates have multiple health insurance benefit options. They may also elect dental and vision coverage. MedStar Health shares the cost of healthcare with associates. Health benefits are effective the first of the month following an associate's start date.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Associates may choose to participate in medical and/or dependant care flexible spending accounts. These allow associates to use pre-tax dollars from their bi-weekly pay to cover medical costs not covered by a health plan or child or adult care expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Associates are our most valuable asset. MedStar Health offers the employee assistance program to safeguard their well-being and help them balance their needs at work and home. EAP services include counseling, financial and retirement planning, convenience services, entertainment referrals and more.
- Paid Leave: MedStar Visiting Nurse Association offers a generous paid time off program for every associate. Time off is earned based on years of service within MedStar Health and work status. All associates receive personal days. Only full-time employees receive holiday pay.
- Retirement Savings: Associates are encouraged to participate in MedStar Health's tax deferred savings plan (403b) administered by Fidelity Investments. Since our associates' service leads to our success, MedStar Health matches 50 percent of associate contributions up to six percent of pay.
- Basic Life Insurance: MedStar Health cares about you and your family's peace of mind. That's why we provide basic life insurance coverage equal to one times your annual base salary. Basic life insurance is provided at no cost to associates. Associates may also purchase supplemental and dependant life insurance.
- Disability Plan: MedStar Health provides full-time associates with both short-term and long-term disability coverage at no cost. Associates are eligible after six months of employment and may purchase additional coverage if needed.
- Educational Assistance: MedStar Health cares about our associates' personal growth and development. Our educational assistance benefit can be applied to graduate and undergraduate tuition, registration fees, books and certifications.
Looking to change your career? Find out why MedStar VNA employees chose a homecare career.