MedStar Visiting Nurse Association’s goal is to make the documentation process easier. Please, see the examples below to ensure your documentation is accurate and complete.
All documentation must include:
- The patient's name
- Date of encounter
- Explanation of clinical findings during encounter
- How clinical findings support homebound
- How clinical findings show need for skilled care
- Signed and dated by the certifying physician
Examples of documentation denied by Medicare:
- Diagnoses/clinical findings on Face-to-Face not related to home care ordered
- Altered documentation without acceptable notations for changes
- Face-to-Face signed by non-physician practitioner
- No date of Face-to-Face encounter
- Not clearly titled as Face-to-Face encounter
- Face-to-Face completed by employee or representative of the home care agency
To find out more about our home healthcare services, call: 800-862-2166.